Robotic Surgery | Treatment at Dr. Nikhil Parwate
What is Robotic Surgery?
Robot-assisted technology offers potential benefits, including improved 3D stereoscopic vision, wrist-based instruments that improve surgeon’s dexterity, and tremor elimination software that improves surgical precision.
Robotic Surgery in Gynaecological Cancer
The technological advances rendered due to robotic surgery may allow an oncologist gynaecologist to perform increasingly radical procedures on complex patients. The essential role of robotic surgery is in the treatment of endometrial, cervical and ovarian cancer. It is more efficient when compared with laparotomy and conventional laparoscopy.
How is Robotic Surgery done?
The intricate procedure can be divided into following parts:
- The surgeon makes tiny cuts in your body.
- He inserts miniature instruments and high-resolution cameras.
- Skin incisions may not be compulsory every time.
- With the help of a console or a display, the surgeon performs intricate proceedings.
- It may take anywhere between 2-4 hours.
Benefits of Robotic Surgery
Robotic surgery can be deemed as the best treatment option. However, whether it should be performed or not is determined by a few factors:
- woman’s general state of health.
- Her specific condition and extent of the disease.
- Obesity or thick scar due to previous abdominal surgery, and large tumours.
After determining all these factors the right judgement can be made. If at all robotic surgery advised, it is the best option to be availed.
Here are a few benefits of Robotic Surgery in Gynaecological Treatment.
- Minimal Scars
- Low bleeding
- Small or no incisions/cuts
- Short period of hospitalization